Monday, June 8, 2015

Under the Covers

Hello to all my readers... all 2 of you :) I'm sure you've been wondering where Ive been, I know you have both noticed my absence these past few days. Cue a tummy bug.

Yes - for the last 24-48 hours I have been fighting a most annoying and generally yucky tummy bug. Sleeping, drinking Schweppes & big mugs of chicken noodle soup have been my life - not fun. Also not much to talk about. Steve has been strong and supportive in my time of need but of course he woke up this morning with a queasy tummy so he's on the "clear liquids" diet for tonight.

Mind you - our chicken soup doesn't look like this. I wish it did!

On to more exciting things - we have finally received word that our things are going to be delivered.... the day before we leave for a three day weekend. Thank you Mr Murphy (family joke - google Murphy's Law)! On Friday Steve and I are headed on our first international trip since we arrived in the UK. We are going to Belgium for my school's 50th reunion. I'm over the moon since I haven't been back since 2001, my freshmen year of high school. Plus we're renting a car so we'll get to drive which is really exciting - except for the who's driving fight we will be having all week.

Back to our stuff - sometime on Thursday a moving company will be pulling up to our building and unloading our two pallets of stuff! As of right now the goal is to get the house as clean and organized as possible before we add all of our things to it. I've built our 4 new IKEA bookcases so we have places to put stuff. I will clear out our spare room tomorrow of all our our laundry racks so we can put boxes & storage in there while we unpack. I'm so excited to have our pots and plans as well as more clothes (I feel like I've been wearing the same 10 outfits for 7 weeks) & everything else we've simply been doing without for 7+ weeks.

1 comment:

  1. You poor thing! Stomach viruses are no fun at all. I hope you're feeling better! Hurray for your things finally arriving...even if it isn't the best timing. :-)

    ReplyDelete