Saturday, June 20, 2015

Spilled Milk Photography

If you've been reading my blog I'm guessing you've seen all of the pictures I tend to post with 80% of my entries. I recently got a decent DSLR camera & I've been trying to take better photos and sort of find my artistic voice. I'm not sure how well it's going but I figured I'd give it a try. One day I would love to be a professional photographer but I also know how many talented people share this dream (I searched photography on kick starter last night and got loads of people asking for money to start their dream photography business).

Don't worry, I'm not going to try and hit anyone up for money, though I do know a few good charities if you're thinking of tossing some mullah my way. I have, however, started my very own Etsy shop. If you're not familiar with Etsy its a bit like eBay meets a local craft show. Sort of. I've bought tones of things on there, from vintage pins to shampoo & conditioner to address return labels. All Etsy sellers are small businesses, they either sell vintage items, craft supplies or something they make. As of June I opened my own shop, calling it SpilledMilkPhoto... The full name didn't fit. But I still like it. I don't have any fancy descriptions or shop policies, as of right now I only have 5 photos listed but everyone has to start somewhere. I'm only charging $5 for a pdf of my photos. I'm a tad worried that's even too much but we'll see how it goes. I am going to add some more photos soon and if I ever decide to get crafty watch out, I'll be posting those things too.

The name does seem a bit odd, but I sort of like it. I didn't think Bridget Schiller Photography was exciting enough and BSP just seems like an odd ailment you get in your mouth. I also think one day I can get a cute icon made (hello more Etsy shopping).

If you're interested in any of my photography (Mom, if you're reading this I mean people aside from you) please drop me a line. I am a true beginner but I really enjoy it & if I can't make it a career I can at least make it a good hobby.

Here's a link to my shop: Spilled Milk Photography

1 comment: