Thursday, June 25, 2015

8 Photos of Happiness

I have been nominated for the ‘8 Photos of Happiness Tag’ by Angie Americana over at The Stereotypical American. She's a fellow American Expat living in Copenhagen & she's got an awesome blog!

Here are the guidelines for the tag:
1.Thank your nominator/s and link them in your post.
2. Link the creator Ariel's Little Corner of the Internet
3. Post your 8 photos of happiness
4. Pop in a brief description of the photo, why you chose it, or let the photos do the talking!
5. Spread the happiness and tag up to ten other bloggers!

When we moved I sold my big desktop that had years & years worth of photos on it. Steve backed them up on a hard drive but its probably still in a box so these photos are all recent photos.

This is a photo of my mom, me & Steve in Asheville at the Grove Park Inn hotel. My parents have a home in Asheville and it's one of my favorite places in the world. The weather is excellent, they get all 4 seasons unlike Atlanta. The beer is out of this world - there are so many different breweries and they're all great, I've yet to have a bad one. Tubing up the river is super fun, lay in a tub, drink good local beer & just chat with your fellow floaters aka my ideal summer day.

This is a photo from Steve & my first anniversary photo shoot. To say Steve went kicking and screaming would be the understatement of the year. He is not a fan of getting his picture taken but I really wanted some good photos of us so he agreed. We went to a lovely park near our house in Buford on a super hot day - why we both chose to wear long sleeves and pants I couldn't tell you. We didn't pack the ampersand but now I wish we had it to hang on our wall. 

This is a photo we took at Christmas 2014 of my whole family. From left to right its my brother Peter, Mom, sister Hannah, Dad, me & Steve. The dog being held by Hannah is Steve's old dog Gwen who we gave to friends when we moved to the UK. It was really nice to spend the holidays with everyone in Asheville even though Steve got the flu and spent most of the trip in bed. 

This is one of my favorite photos of my parents & I. We are at the Georgia Dome watching Steve & my alma mater Georgia Southern play Georgia State. We won by a landslide of course! Everyone had a great time.

This is Steve & I at the game. I just noticed we're wearing the same thing we wore for our anniversary pictures... I guess we really like these outfits? Haha. 

This was the way we announced our engagement back in February. Steve proposed at my family's country club when we were having pre flight drinks before we left to come to Reading to look for a place to live. We couldn't get a hold of my sister to tell her the good news so we decided to hold off making the big announcement on Facebook. We knew we were going to get bombarded with notifications when we did so we didn't post the picture until we were flying back to the US. When we landed we have over 500 likes, comments and shares between the two of us. 

My first Shake Shack meal! Steve had promised to take me after he went without me in Boston. There is one in Atlanta but we didn't get a chance to go before we left so we went to the one in Covent Garden. If you haven't been to SS I highly recommend it! We still haven't had the custard or milkshakes but I hear they're amazing!

Unfortunately I can't find the photo we took right after we got engaged so this is as close as I can get for today. This is the picture I took to tell my close friends. Mind you, they all knew so they weren't surprised. I was so thankful I had gotten a nice manicure so this picture looks nice, but if you could see what I was wearing you'd laugh. I looked terrible. 

Now it's my turn to nominate some bloggers to take on this challenge. I'm still getting into the swing of blogging again so I don't have 10 bloggers to tag, but if you read this post and would like to join in  please do!

1. Cole over at Weiner Tales - she was my first follower and her blog is adorable!
2. Jamie at lifeSTYLEsmith - she's my cousin and her style is impeccable!
3. MRM the author of Preppy Girl Meets World - one of the first blogs I ever followed
4. Julie from Across the Ponderings  - an ex-expat in Oxford who's just returned to the US
5. Megan at Megan in the Middle - she's an expat living in France, lucky girl!
6. Sarah & Eddie from Wicked Brilliant - fellow expats living in London


3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Your ring is gorgeous! I live just outside of Boston and still haven't made it to Shake Shake yet... I'll probably make it to the one in Covent Garden in October first. Ha!

    Thanks for tagging me! I'll try to do my post this weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! It's so yummy! Let me know if I can give any advice or recommendations for your trip :)

      Delete
  2. Love seeing all these photos! I may take a few days to post mine! Thank you for the tag :-)

    ReplyDelete