Thursday, June 11, 2015

Dave

If you're reading this Steve & I are hopefully up to our ears in our stuff. The movers are due to be here tomorrow (today) and we are super excited & a little nervous about where we are going to put it all. I have recently figured out how to plan posts so I can write a post the night before.

Right now Steve and I are laughing our asses off as we watch the Top Gear's Christmas special when they did some long distance lorry (big truck) driving & bridge building in Burma & Thailand.

If you think the show is all boring, a couple of wealthy guys talk about cars none of us can afford - you're right. But while they do do that, they're also exceptional funny. Its the dry "I'm not actually trying to be funny but I am" which is my favorite. I'd say their Christmas specials are the best - they're about an hour to an hour & a half. They typically are sent to a random country, given no money so they buy old cars and are given a crazy challenge that many modern normal cars couldn't handle.

We watch this show on a channel here called Dave. Seems like an odd name for a TV channel, right? That's what I thought. So I decided to do some research to see who the show is named for. The Brits have lots of famous Daves' - Beckham, Cameron & Bowie. Nope, its none of those.
It's this Dave...



Are you a fan of the Hoff?

No comments:

Post a Comment