Friday, May 8, 2015

Wedding Update

Someone asked me today how the wedding planning is coming and I just looked at them blankly thinking "What wedding? Rachel's? Laura's?" but then I realized she was talking about my wedding.

If you're new to the blog, Steve proposed to me in February before we took our first trip to England to look for a place to live. Since then I have given the wedding some thought - maybe not as much as a typical bride would. Now that were here it feels like the whole thing is thousands of miles away... oh ya, it is. Ha!

So far this is what we have figured out and when I say we I mean me. Lets be real, as long as theirs an open bar and we don't spend a million dollars Steve doesn't really care.

Location: Atlanta. We were considering Asheville or possibly Florida but we think since the majority of our guests will be traveling from out of town the Atlanta airport will be the cheapest to travel to. For the actual wedding we are looking at a number of catholic churches in Atlanta, of course our top pick is Christ The King which is my home parish, but we are open to others.

Wedding Party: I'd say were about 90% there on who we want to stand up with us. I am all about the idea of proposing to my bridesmaids - unfortunately I'm not sure Ill get to see some of these lovely ladies before the actual wedding so in October Ill be working on a plan to mail out some proposals. And since that's the plan I can't tell you who they are yet. Steve has most of his groomsmen picked out but he's much less romantic and either just asks or assumes they know... :-/ ya, lame I know!

Reception: No idea... Ive visited 4 locations and didn't really love any of them. Back to the drawing board.

Dress: wedding diet need to start ASAP before I even consider looking at dresses.

Date: I feel like we won't know a date until we pick a reception venue, but when we do we will send out basic save the dates & closer to the wedding we will send out a second save the date with more information.

Theme/Decor: all depends on reception, but I know I don't want a lot of flowers, I'm more into candles.

Guest list: too many :) We're probably looking at 180-220 or so. I've always wanted a big wedding and with essentially 3 families to invite hitting those numbers won't be hard.

If you have an idea for a blog post please let me know! I feel like there's lots of interesting things to talk about living in England but I just don't know what people want to read about.

No comments:

Post a Comment