Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Semi - Wordless Wednesday

Today marks our 3rd week here in Reading. It doesn't really feel like we've been here for this long but its true. Steve's settling into his new position nicely. He really likes his coworkers & is doing well adjusting to life in the UK. He's starting to get into a new kind of geeky game, not sure what its called but if it makes him happy, I'm happy. As for me, I'm doing ok. Not walking/working out like I should - just doesn't feel like the motivation is there. Consequently the wedding diet isn't exactly a focus right now.

Our stuff is still on its way, this Friday it will have been out a month, but it takes 5-8 weeks for delivery which is essentially forever. Its not that we don't have things, we have a furnished apartment, but its little things, like a measuring cup, I don't want to go & buy one because I know we packed ours. Or at least I hope we did.

I realize this is Wednesday and its suppose to be a wordless post but I figured someone might like a quick update.

Moving on to the wordless part - one of my favorite things in the whole world is tea. Hot, milk & sugar. Biscuit on the side. Mom & I used to travel into London for a day of shopping and we always ended it with afternoon tea at Peter Jones - a department store in Richmond. Mom drank hers with a splash of milk (and more and she would gag) no sugar, I took mine with lots of milk and too much sugar. Not much has changed - mom & I still take our tea the same way. Steve drinks his plain, no milk, no sugar. Odd man. So in honor of mom & my old tradition of tea and this last Sunday being Mother's day, here is my wordless post:


So many tea cups

Traditional afternoon tea

Champagne tea

Tea at Great Fosters

Cream tea

How I take my tea (not fancy but still wonderful)





No comments:

Post a Comment