Friday, May 22, 2015

Rain Rain Rain... So Much Rain

**note: I am not being paid or compensated for this post**

As I'm sure everyone knows that England is a wet place. So far we have been really lucky and haven't had a lot of rain, but even on days that the weather channel says its not going to rain it comes down in buckets in the afternoon. Living here the one thing I knew I had to have was a rain coat, but one of those Columbia outdoorsy rain coats just wasn't going to cut it. Mind you, I own a rain pullover that's the typical rain jacket. I knew I needed something more class, more sophisticated, that I could wear to dinner as well as on a walk in the country.

Que desperately googling a week before we left the US. I checked all the usual sites - North Face, Columbia, Eddie Bauer, Target & Lane Bryant. Of course I couldn't find anything, being it was April and everything out was for summer. In a panic I called my mom & asked her where she used to buy her rain gear back when we lived here before. Of course she suggested Barbour but that's way out of my price range, so she suggested LL Bean.

Presenting the Easy Care Mackintosh:


I have it in blue, though the yellow is super cute, and I can tell you that this is one of the best coats I've ever owned. It's perfect for spring & early fall. It is lined, so its not all sticky and yucky on the inside. It looks nice, like I could wear is to Ascot or a show in London in the evening & it wouldn't look out of place. 

Now the big coat here in England in the Barbour jacket - super stylish and waterproof & warm but they're out of my budget & they're only made up to a ladies XL.


So instead I am going with this lovely coat from LL Bean. Its not exactly the same but it has the same sort of "British" look and for a much more reasonable price. 


What's your go to coat for different seasons? Have I missed anything? 


4 comments:

  1. I love LL Bean. They have quality product and an amazing return policy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in Glasgow, Scotland, I was shopping for a rain jacket-took me a good hour or two to pick one out! But, it works perfectly! Glad to hear everything is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me ages to settle on this one, I think I spent 8+ hours just comparing different ones online!

    ReplyDelete