Monday, May 11, 2015

Update!

Sorry Ive been quiet the last couple of days, my computer has decided it didn't want to connect to the internet so Ive been without for a few days. Thankfully I have built in tech support - AKA Steve. Not sure what he did but I think it worked (fingers crossed).

So here's a quick update on whats been going on.

Saturday: Steve and I took a quick trip over to visit the town of Windsor  - lots of shopping & of course a castle. We took an open bus tour (cause we love them and we're lazy and its an easy way to see the city). Here are a few photos from our tour:

Windsor Castle

Queen Victoria

Old car driving by the castle

Thames River

View of the castle from across the park

This is the famous crooked house - its not open anymore, it used to be a restaurant I think. Its super close to the castle so an easy photo opportunity.

Later in the afternoon we took a river tour up the Thames. It was a nice way to end our day in Windsor but we sat behind a couple with the most obnoxious kids! They were crawling all over the seats and kept jabbering on. Don't get me wrong, I love kids but I love the well behaved ones. Picky, I know. In spite of them I got some pretty good photos. 




Sunday was our lazy day. I didn't get out of bed till about noon. Yes, I know thats terrible but with this stupid head cold I haven't been sleeping all that well. I stay up way too late, like tonight, its midnight and Im here on the couch blogging while Steve is snoring in the other room. Of course Ive gotten myself hooked onto another TV show - Dead Like Me. Anyone ever watch it? Its pretty good. Of course there are only two season on Netflix, which means Ill be done with the show in about a week. Anyone have a suggestion on what to watch next? Remember I only have access to UK Netflix. 

Tonight we had dinner.... wait for it... with friends! Yes we have actual friends here in Reading. Its kind of amazing to be able to chat with someone in the same time zone as us. Plus she's america, from Tennessee (aka she gets Southern stuff, not just american stuff). We went to this Sushi place called Yo Sushi... I think thats whats its called. On Monday every plate is $2.70 (pounds not dollars but I don't know how to make the pound symbol. It was cool, the sushi goes around the restautant on this conveyor belt and you just pick the plates up you want. Very cool and the sushi was pretty good too, more expensive then we're used to, but still good. 

Our blue plates

Beer in a wine glass - pretty good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment