Thursday, May 21, 2015

One Month In

Today marks 1 month since we arrived in the UK & what a month it's been. Here is a list of things we have done since we've arrived:

1) settled into our apartment... sort of. Still waiting on our stuff to arrive.
2) figured out the oven - a real winning moment since chicken back is one of my favorite meals to make.
3) using the washing machine, mind you I still hold my breath when I "turn it on" because sometimes it doesn't work.
4) Visited London - one day for museums & one sightseeing
5) Hosted overnight guests - Jessica & Seneca
6) Had friends over for tea & games (yes - I played a board game!)
7) Made friends - Michelle & Kluen
8) Found "our pub"- The Back of Beyond
9) Got Internet... kind of, it only works sometimes but its Internet
10) learned UK phone numbers... well Steve has. I still have no idea what mine is.

In the spirit of moving to the UK, and everywhere else booking up and flights doubling in price before we could book our trip, we are headed to Plymouth. It's the city where the Mayflower departed from all those years ago. We figured it would be a good place to visit considering we just moved here from the US. Essentially we are going to give the finger to all those brave souls who left British to go to the new land and live out their religious freedoms. Fortunately neither Steve or my families went over on the Mayflower or one of the early boats. My family came over from Ireland because of the potato famine. Steve is Native American so he's always been from the US.


1 comment:

  1. I visited Plymouth about 10 years ago and it wasn't all that pretty. I hope it's built up and become a bit more fun to visit since then!

    ReplyDelete