Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Tea on a Boat

Its starting to look like summer... well that's what I hear. Its still in the 60s here & this Atlanta girl is not cool with it. I'm ready for shorts & flip flops and mid 80s - but unless we get a heat wave we won't get weather like that until we head south - France, Spain, Italy etc.

I know its Travel Tuesday but I did that yesterday & its my blog so I make the rules.

Since it's still chilly outside, a cup of tea is always my cup of tea (yes I went there). So why not enjoy that cup of tea on a boat? Here in Reading there is a Tea Barge - Whittington's. Its an actual barge, like a house boat which has been turned into a restaurant with a kitchen in the back and 8 tables inside. They also have 4-5 tables out on shore which will be nice if it ever warms up here!


We ordered the cream tea, which consisted of a large pot of tea & a scone with clotted cream and jam. Unfortunately the scones were so yummy I didn't get a photo of them. They had plain & fruit scones. 

Clotted cream & jam on the scone tray

They also have a full menu of delicious British food - bangers n mash, English breakfast & sandwiches. I'm sure they have more but that's all I saw when we were there. 


I love how they mix and match their cups and saucers. 

I would highly recommend this restaurant for a ladies lunch or a different venue for a cup of tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment