Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Post By Request

I made dinner last night, like I do every night & when I posted a photo on Instagram & Facebook I had a lot of friends ask for a recipe, so I figured I would post it up here! Forgive me for the lack of step by step photos - I wasn't planning on posting this one :)


Creamy Pepper Pasta

1 table spoon of Olive oil
1 Large onion (I love onion so if you're not a fan you can do a small one)
4 cloves of garlic (again, love of garlic so this is a taste thing)
6 basil leaves (1/2 tablespoon if using dried)
2 good shakes of red pepper flakes (these are HOT so again, adjust to taste)
1 large jar of spaghetti sauce (I used sauce that has pepper in it, if you use a plain sauce, add 2-3 chopped sautéed peppers)
1/2 cup of heavy cream (next time I'm going to try Greek yogurt to cut some calories)
Salt & Pepper to taste
3/4 box of angel hair pasta

Sauté oil, onion, garlic in a pan for 3-5 minutes, till the onions are clear (if you are adding peppers, sauté them with the onions & garlic). Add basil & red pepper flakes & continue to cook for another minute. Add spaghetti sauce, salt, pepper & cream and lower heat to a simmer. This will cook while you cook the spaghetti. 

Fix the pasta according to the box - angel hair tends to cook much faster then other spaghettis. 

Top your meal with fresh chopped basil & take your Instagram picture! Voila! 

For the sausage, in the US I would have used an Italian sausage, but here they don't have it so I used Venison & Pork sausages which were delicious. 

1 comment: