Sunday, February 1, 2015

Planning

When you're moving you have to plan a lot. When you're moving 4,000+ miles you have to plan a million times more. From yard sales to seeing family before we leave there is so much to plan. And in my world planning means panic.

Sometimes I walk into a room and the panic just washes over me as I realize 99% of the things I see must be sold, donated or packed into a box in the next 2 months.

There are the things I'm working on right now:

  • Finding the time to fly us to Arizona to see Steve's family
  • Finding time to fly to Michigan to see my grandmother
  • Working on on a date for our yard sale
  • Working on a date for our "estate" sale
  • Finding time to visit Steve's parents in Florida
  • Who's going to take Steve's dog Gwen
  • Making time to spend time with local friends before we leave
  • Packing for our house hunting trip in a week
  • Sorting what we're gonna sell/save/donate
I'm sure there are more things that I have forgotten but these are the things on the top of my head. What makes all of these things harder is I work two jobs. I am full time at Carters Oshkosh & two nights a week I work at World Market. Which means two nights a week I work 8-4.45 and 6-10. On top of that Steve is spending three of four weeks a month in Boston training for his new position - meaning I'm home alone to manage everything. To stay its stressful is an understatement. 

Topping off all of this I am trying to get in better shape, which so far, isn't going very well. I've lost about 5 lbs so I have quite a bit left to go. I want to join a local gym but with the move around the corner it seems like a waste of money and I don't want to get stuck in a contract. Plus I'm severely lacking in motivation so I don't want to waste the money if I won't even go. 

That's my brain spill for today. As we work through all these plans, I'll keep you posted. 



No comments:

Post a Comment