Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Lists & Cupcake

Let me start this post with the fact that I am list person, that's my mom. But since we're 28 days from leaving all I want to do is make lists and start checking stuff off. That and lay on the couch and watch TV and eat cupcakes. That's a profession right? Cupcake eater? Socialite?

Steve and I did a bit of a cupcake tour Monday when we were in town to get our finger prints done for our visas and I decided I had to try George Town Cupcakes and Sprinkles! Ive had cupcakes from local placed - small cakes & cami cakes so I was excited to try some "big brands".

George Town CCs opened in the last 3 weeks in the heart of Buckhead - aka right across the road from my old house. 0 parking. I really mean zero, unless you want to pay $7+ for valet... don't do it! The shops not big, but it's bright & simple. Chic even. Staff are friendly and there was a good variety of cupcake flavors. They also serve tea and coffee which I think is a nice touch to go with the cupcakes. I got a chocolate chocolate cupcake and a chocolate birthday cake. I'll let you know how they are once I eat one.

We also went to Sprinkles, at Lenox mall. Lots more parking, it's a mall. There is still valet tho, and if you're planning on shopping during the weekend I highly recommend it. Parking at Lenox mall is a bear! OK back to cupcakes. Let start with they have an ATM FOR CUPCAKES!!!! OOOOMMMMGGGGG!!! I didn't use it but its there! Cupcakes available 24/7 (I think). So Sprinkles sells ice cream (I didn't try) & cupcakes. Their selection seemed more limited I felt - they had nothing peanut butter for Steve, but their cupcakes are bigger. I got carrot cake and salted caramel. I ate the carrot cake and YUM! The cake was moist with real pieces of carrots, the icing was thick and yummy. I could have done with a tad creamier icing, little less sweet. I'd go with 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment